Your privacy is important. This information explains how Aussia Pharma comply with Australian privacy requirements.
Aussia Pharma OEM Services Pty Ltd and Aussia Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd (hereafter “Aussia Pharma Group“) understands that privacy and how Aussia Pharma collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you. Aussia Pharma are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information and to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”), which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”).
In summary, personal information is information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
Collecting your personal information
Depending on your involvement with Aussia Pharma, Aussia Pharma may collect personal information about you such as your name, your contact details, and other information about you such as your age and health.
- Aussia Pharma collects this information when you contact us, or when Aussia Pharma asks you for it and you, or others on your behalf authorised by you, provide it to us.
Pharma also collects information that may or may not include your personal
information, through technology and tools that tell us when a computer or
device has visited or accessed our content.
- Those tools include services from search engines and other companies that help us to tailor our content, products and services to better suit consumers and customers.
- Search engines provide facilities to allow you to indicate your preferences in relation to the use of those tools in connection with computers and other devices controlled or used by you.
Using your personal information
Generally, Aussia Pharma uses your personal information for our
activities and business, and in our efforts to expand and improve our business.
- have business dealings with us (whether as one of our suppliers, or as a regulator Aussia Pharma deal with, or in the context of a transaction), or
- apply, or register your interest for, employment;
- providing information about our products and services, including dealing with any enquiry or complaint;
- providing information to professional practitioners about our products and services, including about how our products might be of benefit to members of the public to whom they provide advice;
- operating programmes and forums in different media in which you are able to share information, including your personal information, with us and publicly;
- providing you with marketing communications, newsletters and alerts, surveys and invitations and offers for products including new products that may be of interest to you (and if Aussia Pharma does so, Aussia Pharma will provide you with a way to opt out);
- to administer and manage promotions and competitions;
- to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or programmes;
- for a business or professional relationship Aussia Pharma may have with you;
- if you apply for employment with us, to consider your application;
- to evaluate our products and services, and conduct consumer research;
- to amend records to remove personal information; and
- for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information.
Disclosing your personal information
Aussia Pharma uses various systems and services to safeguard the personal information Aussia Pharma stores and uses, as part of our business systems and processes.
Like many companies, these systems and services may be international in operation and include other parts of Aussia Pharma and our related companies or entities overseas. They may also be provided by other people and organisations assisting us with services, located both in and outside Australia.
When Aussia Pharma passes on or shares your personal information in this way, Aussia Pharma takes steps to ensure it is treated in the same way that Aussia Pharma would treat it. Aussia Pharma does our best to keep records of personal information up to date and accurate and not to keep personal information that is no longer needed. Aussia Pharma will only disclose personal information if this is required by law or permitted under the Privacy Act, for example: Aussia Pharma sometimes has to pass on your personal information to third parties for legal or safety reasons or other special circumstances.
Access and Correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to:
- seek access to your personal information handled by us;
- ask us to update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date; and
- opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us.
Aussia Pharma about your personal information
You may wish to contact Aussia Pharma to access your personal information, to seek to correct it or to make a complaint about privacy.
You can contact us by completing the form located at https://aussia.com.au/contact
Our privacy email contact address is email@example.com and further contact details for Aussia Pharma and privacy are set out below.
Aussia Pharma will respond to your request for access to personal information Aussia Pharma holds about you as soon as Aussia Pharma reasonably can, including if Aussia Pharma is unable to provide you with access (such as when Aussia Pharma no longer holds the information).
Aussia Pharma does not impose any charge for a request for access, but Aussia Pharma may charge you a reasonable fee for our costs associated with providing you with access and retrieval costs.
For complaints about privacy, Aussia Pharma will establish in consultation with you a reasonable process, including time frames, for seeking to resolve your complaint.
Tommy Yan | Privacy Officer, Aussia Pharma Group